Representing the Small Business Client
December 27th, 2023 from 8:30 am to 4:30 pm Central Time
A practical, "nuts & bolts" discussion of the ins and outs of representing the small "mom and pop" business. Topics discussed include:
- Setting Up a New Business from Scratch: Initial paperwork, choice of entity (corporation vs. LLC), licenses, etc.
- Acquiring an Existing Business: Step-by-step discussion of drafting a contract for the sale or purchase of a business
- The Top 10 Things Non-Employment Lawyers Need to Know about Labor & Employment Law: Wage & hour regulations, Avoiding discrimination claims, and more
- Non-Compete Agreements and Practical Intellectual Property Concerns for the Small Business
- Unique Ethical Dilemmas in Transactional Law Practice
Level of Instruction
Agenda for Wednesday, the 27th of December 2023
8:30 am Central Time - Webcast Begins (Please register and sign into the website at least 10 minutes before the scheduled start)
(Agenda is approximate and tentative)
8:30am - 9:30am - Setting Up a New Business from Scratch: Choice of Entity, Initial Paperwork, Licenses, etc.
9:40am - 11:20am - Acquiring an Existing Business: Sale of Assets vs. Sale of Stock, Step-by-Step Discussion of Drafting a Contract for the Sale/Purchase of a Business, Closing Documents
11:25am - 12:00pm - Financing the Small Business Operation: Finding Money for Start-up and Expansion, Financing for Working Capital, Equipment, and Real Estate
12:00pm - 1:15pm - Break
1:15pm - 2:30pm - Non-Compete Agreements and Practical Intellectual Property Concerns for the Small Business
2:40pm - 3:15pm - Top Ten Things Non-Employment Lawyers Need to Know about Employment Law
3:15pm - 4:15pm - Professional Behavior for the Transactional Lawyer (ethics and professionalism credit)
Due to technical requirements, customers must attend a live webcast in its entirety to receive credit for attendance. No partial credit can be accommodated.