Top 10 New Developments in Law Practice for 2018
This seminar has already taken place!
An all-new 2018 webcast edition of our annual look at some of the biggest new trends in the law & law practice! Presented in a fast-paced manner, with an emphasis on "what you need to know."
All-new topics in this year's course include:
- Tax reform for the non-tax lawyer: What it means for your clients and your law firm
- Harassment & Discrimination law: A primer
- Internet contracts and e-signatures: The new law
- Family law developments: School football as an issue in custody
- State Stipends to lawyers who practice in under-served counties and fields of law
- Update on Top 10 Trends from past years: drones, the gig economy, etc.
- Ethics: New law on extra-jurisdictional practice and the unauthorized practice of law
Most of this content repeated from our "Hot Topics in Business Law" webcast on June 26th
Agenda for Friday, the 29th of June 2018
8:30 am Central Time - Webcast Begins
(Please register and sign into the website at least 10 minutes before the scheduled start)
(Agenda is approximate and tentative)
Seminar Presenter: William R. Newman, Esq. of Hattiesburg
8:30am - 9:35am - 1) Tax Reform, 2) Family Law Developments
9:35am - 9:45am - Break
9:45am - 11:00am - 3) State Stipends for Lawyers in Underserved Areas, 4) Harassment Law - A Primer
11:00am - 11:05am - Break
11:05am - 12:00pm - 5) e-Contracts & e-Signatures, 6) Cryptocurrency
12:00pm - 1:15pm - Lunch Break
1:15pm - 2:15pm - 7) Update on the Law of Drones
2:15pm - 2:25pm - Break
2:25pm - 3:10pm - 8) Inclusion Riders in Contracts, 9) Update on Digital Assets Law
3:10pm - 3:15pm - Break
3:15pm - 4:15pm - Ethics Hour
Due to technical requirements, customers must attend a live webcast in its entirety to receive credit for attendance. No partial credit can be accommodated.