Courtroom Skills and Strategies
December 21st, 2018 from 8:30 am to 4:30 pm Central Time
A 6-hour Live Webcast seminar that presents wide array of practical tips for fine-tuning your skills in the courtroom -- and in deposition and motion practice. Topics discussed include:
- Practical deposition tips, including how to prep your client for deposition, how to depose expert witnesses, and how to defend your own expert in a deposition
- Motions in limine: How to get the most of this often overlooked litigation tool
- Fine tuning your direct examination and cross examination techniques
- How to accentuate your closing argument with effective visual aids
- The ethics of confidentiality: What you may not know!
Agenda for Friday, the 21st of December 2018
8:30 am Central Time - Webcast Begins
(Please register and sign into the website at least 10 minutes before the scheduled start)
(Agenda is approximate and tentative)
All Times in Central Time Zone
8:30am - 9:30am - Motions in Limine: The Under-Utilized Weapon - William R. Newman, Esq.
9:30am - 9:35am - Break
9:35am - 10:35am - Direct-Examination: Fine-tuning your Skills - Keith D. Obert, Esq.
10:35am - 10:45am - Break
10:45am - 11:45am - Cross-Examination: Knowing your Objectives - Mr. Newman
11:45am - 1:00pm - Lunch Break
1:00pm - 2:30pm - Depositions from A to Z: Preparing Clients for a Deposition, plus the Intricacies of Expert Witness Depositions - Mr. Obert
2:30pm - 2:45pm - Break
2:45pm - 3:15pm - Effective Use of Visual Aids in Closing Argument - Mr. Newman
3:15pm - 4:15pm - The Ethics of Confidentiality: What You May Not Know! (ethics hour) - Mr. Newman
Due to technical requirements, customers must attend a live webcast in its entirety to receive credit for attendance. No partial credit can be accommodated.