Copyright Law Basics for General Practitioners
For eighteen years, attorneys across nation have attended Billy Newman's In-Person seminars on intellectual property law and have praised the way in which Billy provides an entertaining and fascinating introduction to a seemingly boring subject. Now these lectures are finally available online! Designed at a beginner level for non-specialists, this seminar explains the importance of copyright law in general law practice.
Topics discussed include:
- A practical explanation of how copyrights come into play in everyday law practice
- The alarming rate at which small "mom & pop" businesses are encountering expensive copyright problems
- The truth about some of the popular myths about copyright protection
- A brief explanation of how patent and trade secret law differs from copyright law
Also - check out the companion On-Demand course "Trademark Law Basics for General Practitioners."
Here's what recent attendees at the In-Person version of this seminar have had to say about it:
"Surprisingly fun and practical!"
"Great seminar - probably the best CLE I've ever been to."
"Mr. Newman is a great presenter with a fine command of the subject matter. This seminar was MUCH better than I ever could have anticipated."
"This was a great seminar! You gave a wonderful overview of all the main points that general practitioners should be aware of."
Online Video or Audio (MP3) Download
- William R Newman of The University of Southern Mississippi