Top 10 New Developments in Law Practice for 2018
This seminar has already taken place!
An all-new 2018 edition of our annual look at some of the biggest new trends in the law & law practice! Presented in a fast-paced manner, with an emphasis on "what you need to know."
All-new topics in this year's course include:
- Tax reform for the non-tax lawyer: What it means for your clients and your law firm
- Harassment & Discrimination law: A primer
- Gun Law: The evolving law of firearms
- Internet contracts and e-signatures: The new law
- Family law developments: School football as an issue in custody
- Litigation update
- State Stipends to lawyers who practice in under-served counties and fields of law
- Update on Top 10 Trends from past years: drones, the gig economy, etc.
- Ethics: New law on extra-jurisdictional practice and the unauthorized practice of law
Delta State University
Alumni Foundation House
1003 West Sunflower (Highway 8)
Agenda for Thursday, the 12th of July 2018
Agenda is Approximate and Tentative
All times are Central
Seminar Presenter: William R. Newman, Esq. of Hattiesburg
8:00am - 8:30am - Registration
8:30am - 9:40am - #1 - Tax Reform: What it means for your clients and your law firm
9:40am - 10:00am - #2 - Family Law: School football participation as an issue in custody
10:00am - 10:15am - Break
10:15am - 11:15am - #3 - Harassment & Discrimination Law: A Primer
11:15am - 12:00pm - #4 - Litigation Update
12:00pm - 1:15pm - Lunch Break (on your own)
1:15pm - 1:35pm - #5 - Update on "Top 10 Trends" from past years (drone law, the "gig economy," and more)
1:35pm - 2:05pm - #6 - Internet Contracts & e-Signatures: The new law
2:05pm - 2:20pm - #7 - Gun Law: Changing law in changing times?
2:20pm - 2:35pm - Break
2:35pm - 3:00pm - #8 - Blockchain & Cryptocurrency: Unraveling the mystery
3:00pm - 3:15pm - #9 - Proposed stipends for lawyers working in under-served places and areas of law: Will it work?
3:15pm - 4:15pm - #10 - Ethics: New Law on Extra-Jurisdictional Practice and Technological Competence