Top 10 New Developments in Law Practice for 2018
This seminar has already taken place!
An all-new 2018 webcast edition of our annual look at some of the biggest new trends in the law & law practice! Presented in a fast-paced manner, with an emphasis on "what you need to know."
All-new topics in this year's course include:
- Tax reform for the non-tax lawyer: What it means for your clients and your law firm
- Harassment & Discrimination law: A primer
- Internet contracts and e-signatures: The new law
- Family law developments: School football as an issue in custody
- State Stipends to lawyers who practice in under-served counties and fields of law
- Update on Top 10 Trends from past years: drones, the gig economy, etc.
- Ethics: New law on extra-jurisdictional practice and the unauthorized practice of law
New 7-hour format: Earn all 15 hours of CLE for the year by attending this In-Person seminar along with an 8-hour bundle of On-Demand CLE (see "CLE On-Demand" page of this website for information on On-Demand CLE courses).
Memphis Botanic Garden - Goldsmith Room
750 Cherry Road
Memphis, TN 38117
Agenda for Wednesday, the 12th of December 2018
Agenda is Approximate and Tentative
All times are Central
Seminar Presenter: William R. Newman, Esq. of Hattiesburg
8:00am - 8:30am - Registration
8:30am - 9:15am - #1 - The New Tax Law: What it means for your clients and your law firm
9:15am - 9:35am - #2 - Family Law: (a) Free-Range Parenting, & (b) The Evolution of Joint Legal Custody
9:35am - 10:15am - #3 - The Law of Harassment: The Essential Primer
10:15am - 10:30am - Break
10:30am - 10:45am - #4 - Inclusion Clauses in Contracts: Live from Hollywood!
10:45am - 11:25am - #5 - Update from Last Year's Top 10 Trends: Digital Assets: Now we have forms!
11:25am - 12:00pm - #6 - Update on Last Year's Top 10 Trends: Drone law: Regulatory and insurance changes
12:00pm - 1:10pm - Lunch Break (on your own)
1:10pm - 2:10pm - #7 - e-Contracts & e-Signatures: The paperless world
2:10pm - 2:20pm - Break
2:20pm - 2:45pm - #8 - Bitcoin & Other Cryptocurrency
2:45pm - 3:00pm - #9 - Incentives for Lawyers Practicing in Rural Areas
3:00pm - 4:00pm - #10 - The Ethics of Technological Competence (ethics)
4:00pm - 5:00pm - (*Bonus Ethics Hour)