Courtroom Skills and Strategies
This seminar has already taken place!
A 7-Hour in-person seminar in Nashville that presents wide array of practical tips for fine-tuning your skills in the courtroom -- and in deposition and motion practice. Topics discussed include:
- Practical deposition tips, including how to prep your client for deposition, how to depose expert witnesses, and how to defend your own expert in a deposition
- Motions in limine: How to get the most of this often overlooked litigation tool
- Fine tuning your direct examination and cross examination techniques
- How to accentuate your closing argument with effective visual aids
- The ethics of confidentiality: What you may not know!
Nashville School of Law
4013 Armory Oaks Drive
Nashville, TN 37204-4577
Agenda for Monday, the 17th of December 2018
Agenda is Approximate and Tentative
8:00am - 8:30am - Registration
8:30am - 9:35am - Motions in Limine: The Under-Utilized Weapon - William R. Newman, Esq.
9:35am - 10:35am - Direct-Examination: Fine-tuning your Skills - Keith D. Obert, Esq.
10:35am - 10:45am - Break
10:45am - 11:50am - Cross-Examination: Knowing your Objectives - Mr. Newman
11:50am - 1:00pm - Lunch Break (on your own)
1:00pm - 2:15pm - Depositions from A to Z: Preparing Clients for a Deposition, plus the Intricacies of Expert Witness Depositions - Mr. Obert
2:15pm - 2:20pm - Break
2:20pm - 2:55pm - Effective Use of Visual Aids in Closing Argument - Mr. Newman
2:55pm - 3:00pm - Break
3:00pm - 4:00pm - The Ethics of Confidentiality: What You May Not Know! (ethics hour) - Mr. Newman
4:00pm - 5:00pm - *Bonus Ethics Hour - Mr. Newman