Patents, Trademarks, & Copyrights: "Ripped from the Headlines" - Lessons for General Practitioners from Celebrity Cases
This seminar has already taken place!
What the General Practitioner Needs to Know (explained with recent celebrity cases!)
"A Surprisingly Fun & Practical Seminar"
- How intellectual property comes into play in everyday law practice
- Popular myths about patent and copyright protection
- Employee ideas: When do they belong to the employer?
- The alarming rate at which small businesses are being hit with trademark and copyright claims
- All of these points are illustrated and explained with recent, high-profile cases involving Pharrell Williams, Katy Perry, the estates of Marvin Gaye, Harper Lee, & William Faulkner, and many other celebrities!
Agenda for Thursday, the 14th of June 2018
8:30am Central Time - Webcast Begins
(Please be sure to register and sign into the website at least 10 minutes before start time)
Agenda is Approximate and Tentative
8:30am - 10:00am - 1) How Trademarks and Copyrights Come into Play in General Litigation and Routine Transactions 2) The Growing Problems of Copyright Law for Individuals and Small "Mom and Pop" Businesses
10:15am - 11:45am - 1) Copyright Basics Continued 2) Trademark Categories, Selection, and Searches
11:45am - 1:00pm - Break
1:00pm - 2:15pm - Trademark Registration and Infringement
2:30pm - 3:15pm - 1) Basics of Patent Protection for Inventions (from the non-patent attorney's perspective) 2) "Idea Development" Companies: How to Spot a Scam
3:15pm - 4:15pm - The Top 10 Ethical Considerations in Intellectual Property Practice
Due to technical requirements, customers must attend a live webcast in its entirety to receive credit for attendance. No partial credit can be accommodated.