Frequently Asked Questions
Barristers is pleased to offer 3 different CLE formats:
- In-Person Seminars in a convenient city and state near you
- Online Live Webcast Seminars available for viewing from your home or office
- Online On-Demand CLE Courses available in bundles or bite-sized chunks, 24/7
In-Person CLE: Barristers (or its franchisee) offers in-person seminars in Alabama, Mississippi, and Tennessee at convenient times each year.
Live Webcast CLE: Our live webcasts are typically approved in Alabama, Arkansas, Kentucky, Mississippi, North Carolina, Tennessee, and sometimes in New York, Oklahoma, and Texas.
On-Demand CLE: Our on-demand courses are approved in Alabama, Mississippi, New York, Tennessee, and Texas. A growing number of our On-Demand courses are also approved in Kentucky, North Carolina, and Oklahoma. (Arkansas does not allow on-demand seminar credit).
In every state served by Barristers (except Kentucky and New York), Barristers will report your attendance in accordance with your state's guidelines. You will be asked at the beginning of the seminar to list the States to which you want credit reported, together with your Bar Number for each such state. (In Kentucky and New York, it is customary for the individual attorney to self-report completion of CLE programs to the state CLE agency. To that end, upon completion of an online CLE course, attorneys will be able to download and/or print a Certificate of Completion that can be used in the self-reporting process.)
In fact, while Barristers will report your attendance to Alabama, Arkansas, Mississippi, North Carolina, Oklahoma, Tennessee, and/or Texas (for courses approved in that particular state), any customer is always free to download Certificates of Completion (for online CLE) and to self-report on his/her own behalf!
TEXAS ATTORNEYS: If you are an attorney seeking credit in Texas and you are confronting an MCLE Reporting Deadline, please be aware that Rule 6.1 of the Texas MCLE Regulations requires that YOU self-report your MCLE credits prior to your individual MCLE deadline (which can be accomplished easily on the State Bar's website, using the Texas course codes that will be displayed on your Barristers Certificates of Completion when you have finished a course). As an MCLE sponsor, Barristers will report your credit to the State Bar as quickly as possible; but, pursuant to Rule 6.1, we cannot be responsible for individual reporting deadlines.
If you are seeking CLE credit in a state outside the states listed above, you are welcome to purchase and attend the seminar, but you will need to self-report your credits to such unlisted states. Barristers will be happy to supply any documentation that such states may require. Barristers cannot guarantee that unlisted states will grant approval or credit for the course (although Barristers courses have been widely accepted for credit in states all across the United States for over 20 years).
You will create your account with Barristers during the checkout process when you make your first purchase online with Barristers. If you don't already have an account, just find a seminar, course, or bundle you like and begin the checkout process - we'll take it from there!
Online CLE Questions
Each state is different, so we've created this handy guide to online CLE rules by state.
Most folks who are able to view videos on, for example, YouTube.com will also be able to view our online CLE.
If your office typically blocks video, please have your IT staff allow video to be played on our website at https://www.barristerscle.com
If you have further questions, you can always Contact Us.
Before you've completed a course for the first time, there is no expiration date on your on-demand, pre-recorded seminars! You can watch them whenever you're ready, whether that's this week, next month, or next year!
After you've viewed a course for the first time, you'll have 60 days to re-watch the course (with the ability to fast-forward and rewind at will).
In order to access and complete your online CLE (live webcast or on-demand courses), please follow these instructions:
1) Click on the "sign in to your account" link in the upper right-hand corner of the BarristersCLE.com website (if you instead see a link at the top labeled "[your name]'s CLE Dashboard", click that link and then skip to step 4).
2) A box will appear requesting that you enter your email address and password. If you do not have or remember your password, please click here to reset it: Reset My Barristers Password
3) After entering your email address and password and clicking the "Log In" button, your Online CLE Dashboard will appear.
4) Locate the live webcast seminar or on-demand course you wish to view (scroll down if necessary), then click the "Enter Webcast" (for live webcasts) or "Start Course" (for on-demand courses) green button.
5) You will then see a reporting page appear. Please enter your bar number and the state or states you would like credit in, then click the "Save" button at the bottom of the screen.
6) After clicking the "Save" button, the course viewer will appear. You may now click the "play" button in the center of the black video box on the left to begin viewing your course.
If you have any further questions or difficulty accessing your CLE, please call us at 1-800-874-8556. We will be happy to assist you!