Top 10 New Developments in Law Practice for 2018
This seminar has already taken place!
An all-new 2018 webcast edition of our annual look at some of the biggest new trends in the law & law practice! Presented in a fast-paced manner, with an emphasis on "what you need to know."
All-new topics in this year's course include:
- Tax reform for the non-tax lawyer: What it means for your clients and your law firm
- Harassment & Discrimination law: A primer
- Internet contracts and e-signatures: The new law
- Family law developments: School football as an issue in custody
- State Stipends to lawyers who practice in under-served counties and fields of law
- Update on Top 10 Trends from past years: drones, the gig economy, etc.
- Ethics: New law on extra-jurisdictional practice and the unauthorized practice of law
Agenda for Tuesday, the 26th of February 2019
8:30 am Central Time - Webcast Begins (Please register and sign into the website at least 10 minutes before the scheduled start)
(Agenda is approximate and tentative)
8:30am - 9:25am - #1 - The New Tax Law: What it means for your clients and your law firm
9:25am - 9:40am - #2 - Family Law: (a) Free-Range Parenting, & (b) Youth Football Issues in Child Custody
9:40am - 10:00am - #3 - The Law of Harassment: The Essential Primer
10:00am - 10:10am - Break
10:10am - 10:20am - #4 - Inclusion Clauses in Contracts: Live from Hollywood!
10:20am - 11:30am - #5 - Update from Last Year's Top 10 Trends: Digital Assets: Now we have forms!
11:30am - 11:35am - Break
11:35am - 12:20pm - #6 - Update on Last Year's Top 10 Trends: Drone law: Regulatory and insurance changes
12:20pm - 1:35pm - Lunch Break
1:35pm - 2:20pm - #7 - e-Contracts & e-Signatures: The paperless world
2:20pm - 2:50pm - #8 - Bitcoin & Other Cryptocurrency
2:50pm - 3:00pm - #9 - Incentives for Lawyers Practicing in Rural Areas
3:00pm - 3:15pm - Break
3:15pm - 4:15pm - #10 - The Ethics of Technological Competence (ethics)
Due to technical requirements, customers must attend a live webcast in its entirety to receive credit for attendance. No partial credit can be accommodated.